Tips for Drinking More Water
Whether you are staying indoors or outdoors, we tend to lose more water from sweating during the hot summer months. Dehydration can cause dry skin, low energy, brain fog, headache, constipation and many more. Here are 5 tips that will help you drink more water and keep yourself hydrated!
1. Make it tasty and fun! Add some real fruits, vegetables or herbs like lemon, raspberry, strawberry, cucumber, celery, ginger, and mint to spice up your drink.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in water content. To name a few, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry, cucumber, and lettuce all has over 90% water content!
3. Get a fun water bottle. If you have a water bottle that you love, you will tend to drink more water from it! You can also put timestamp on your water bottle like the one below to help you reach your water intake goal.
4. Use an app! There’s an app for everything, it’s true. There are many free apps that remind you to drink water and keep track of your water intake.
5. Don't wait until you feel thirsty before you reach for your glass of water, you are most likely dehydrated already by that time. Make drinking water a habit and keep yourself hydrated all the time. For example, drink 1/2 glass to 1 glass of water after every bathroom trip.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!